Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Friend Making Monday on Wednesday

friend makin mondaysSo, I meant to do "Friend Makin Monday" this week, but it got away from me.  I've done this on my other blog a few times and it's always fun :)



This is something that Kenlie at All The Weigh does.  Basically, you answer a few questions and link to it at All The Weigh



Have You Ever?

1. Jumped out of an airplane?  No, and I have zero interest in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.  My hubby wants to, and I said that's fine as long as I don't know until after he's home safe and sound.

2. Lived alone?  I had my own room sophomore year in college, then when I was 22 until I got married at 24, I lived alone then too.  Moved to two new places during that time.

3. Met a celebrity? I played poker against some guy who had been the runner up in the bachalor the season before.  I'm not sure if he was more offended that I didn't know him, said I didn't like reality tv or won on the hand he went all in on.

4. Said something to someone that you immediately regret saying?  Sometimes I get frustrated and don't talk as nicely as I should.

5. Had a manicure/pedicure? A few times.  Maybe five throughout my life.  I have friends that go every week.  I just don't have the time for all that.

6.  Gotten a hickey? Nope.

7. Owned a pet that was not a dog or a cat?  I had a salt water fish tank that a friend of mine got from an abandoned storage unit at a storage facility where he worked.  It was the most expensive free thing I ever got.  I had two fish.  The first was a beta fish named "Jar Head".  You get them to make sure the pH level is okay because they are pretty hardy and fairly cheap.  After he'd been around for awhile I got a clown fish named "Sushi".  Unfortunatly, I was in school and finals started so I forgot to feed the fish for a few days.  Jar Head made it.  There was no sign of Sushi.

8. Been outside of your home country?  Traveling is my favorite hobby.  I've been to Mexico, Italy, Belguim, France, Spain, Australia and China.  It's not too many places, but I'm working on adding to it.

9. Kissed your best friend? My husband is my best friend...does that count?  Also, when I was in middle school, my best friend was a boy and we "dated" for a while.

10. Eaten food that fell on the floor? Five second rule!

11. Met someone online?  I met one of my really good friends online.  We got a meetup together for people new to Chicago.


12. Been on TV? I was on the local channel a few times when I was a kid for choir or something like that. 

13. Had braces? I got them when I was 16 and got them off right before I turned 18.  I now believe that they were taken off a little early because some of my teeth have shifted back.  But at the time I was more than ready to be rid of them.

14. Gone skinny dipping?  I'm a little boring.  Nope.

15. Been to the opera? No, but I want to.  A co-worker's wife is an opera singer and I need to go see her perform.

16. Been caught making out by a policeman?  Umm...yeah...it was senior year of high school.  We were being very PG, but he wanted only G.

17. Sung in public? Last night at the Cubs game I sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with the crowd.

18. Handed out candy on Halloween?  When I was in high school

19. Been snowed in?  Sort of.  Chicago had a crazy 24 inch snow a couple years ago and everything got shut down, including Lake Shore Drive (the major road that runs along the lake).  Luckily we weren't on Lake Shore Drive, but a bunch of people got stranded on it over night because there is this stretch that has the lake on one side and a marina on the other.  We took a back way, but once we got home were stuck there the next day. 


20. Fallen in front of other people?  Hah, just did that about fifteen minutes ago in front of one of my direct reports. 

21. Cheated on a test?  Nope.

22. Regretted saying “I love you” to someone?  Nope.  I don't think that is something to regret.  It's not saying "I love you" that people ought to regret, even if you end up realizing that it was something other than love.  I do regret not saying it even though it ended up not being "true".

23. Finished a meal in a restaurant and realized that you didn’t have your wallet?  I am paranoid about doing this.  I always check about five times before going into the restaurant.

24. Shot a gun?  Yes.  I actually own a rifle.  I've not shot a handgun.  I was afraid of the recoil.

25. Heard a song that was written for (or about) you?  Nope.  That would be awesome, but alas, my husband isn't musically inclined. 

0 tidbits:

Related Posts with Thumbnails