Monday, August 19, 2013

Friend Makin Mondays -- School Days

friend makin mondaysThis is something that Kenlie at All The Weigh does.  Basically, you answer a few questions and link to it at All The Weigh.  


School Days
1.  What was your favorite subject in school?  Math and Science.  I always doubled up in at least one of them.  My friends used to joke that I was Hermione from Harry Potter...back in the day when it was only books) and needed her device for taking my extra classes.  I also enjoyed English, especially the assignments that required writing...go figure :)
2. Did you attend elementary school and high school in the same town? Yes, but I was homeschooled in Jr High.
3.  Are you still friends with anyone that you met during school?  Just one girl.  We have been friends since the 5th grade.  She and I and our significant others are going on a road trip to Maine in October.  But, she's the only one.
4. What activities were you involved in as a student?  Rock Climbing Club, Spanish Club and a couple other things that I don't remember anymore.  
5. Did you bring your lunch, or did you get it at school? I used to work on homework in the library at lunch at least a few days a week.  I went a semester where I only ate candy while at school.  That wasn't very healthy.  Outside of that, I'm pretty sure that I bought my lunch most days, but it was a long time ago.  We had a very nice cafeteria with an amazing salad/taco/potato bar.  I ate that quite a bit.   We were quite lucky with the quality of our lunch food.
6. Did you enjoy shopping for clothing and school supplies?  I've never been too big into shopping.
7. Name a song or a band that reminds you of high school.  Dixie Chicks.
8. Did you like school?  I enjoyed learning, but I did not like college my first time through.  I went back a few years ago to finish my college degree and I enjoyed it much more as a non-traditional student.
9. How long have you been out of school?  I graduated High School 12 years ago.  I finished college nearly 4 years ago.
10.  What did you like most about school?  What did you dislike most about school?  I enjoyed the socialization part when I was not homeschooled.  I didn't mind the homework.  I felt that it was a challenge.  Although, I typically did the homework for one class during the class before (thus the doing homework in the library, those were the days that I was falling behind!)...

0 tidbits:

Related Posts with Thumbnails